Access to Health Care Services is Still Available:
- Assistance in understanding connecting, enrolling, re-enrolling in Public Health Insurance
- Finding a primary care physician
- Education on eligibility requirements for the Massachusetts Health Connector and Public Health options.
- Assistance in choosing a health plan and/or a dental plan
- Assistance with using tax credit to pay for insurance
- Advocacy to address past medical bills
- Public Awareness Events
- Language translation Brazilian Portuguese or Spanish
WE'RE HONORED TO HAVE BEEN HIGHLIGHTED BY BLUE CROSS/BLUE SHIELD FOUNDATION OF MA IN THEIR ANNUAL REPORT.
Learn more about what our health care Navigators do by watching this short video:
YOU MAY QUALIFY FOR HELP PAYING FOR COVERAGE THROUGH PROGRAMS LIKE
MASS HEALTH OR A CONNECTORCARE PLAN
If you think you qualify for a subsidy, you can apply at any time, even outside the open enrollment period. For those who do not need
financial assistance to pay for health insurance, there are some conditions, known as qualifying events, that allow people to apply for insurance, such as having a new baby or experiencing a change in your employer-sponsored insurance.
Financial subsidy is based on income, and generally anyone who makes less than 400 percent of the Federal Poverty Level is eligible for subsidy. That means anyone making less than $46,680 a year, or a family of four earning $95,400, you may qualify for help.
Contact Community Action Committee of Cape Cod & Islands. We are trained to help you! To set up an appointment or for more information, call 508-771-1727, or walk in at 372 North St Hyannis, MA.
Call the office to see when we are available at our Falmouth office or on Nantucket.